The first thing any meditation text will tell you is to find a quiet area with little or no distractions. In a perfect world, these silent areas would exist for everyone. But, in many people’s lives, distractions are the rule rather than the exception.
POSTED June 5, 2014 2:35 p.m. We all go through times when we feel worn down. As parents, spouses and family members, we’re often left feeling like we have too many obligations and not enough of ourselves to go around. When you find yourself needing a pick-me-up, meditation is a great place to turn….The power of meditation
Sadly, many folks just give up. The people believe the noise and distractions in their own lives make it impossible for their sake to appreciate the benefits of a daily meditation practice, including pressure-alleviation, mental relaxation, and physical rejuvenation. Paradoxically, these are exactly what we all need in these stressful, hectic times.
And here is some other cool stuff regarding guided meditation
- Tool: Mindfulness Meditation – www.community.nsw.gov.au
- Nun teaches children meditation techniques – La Crosse Tribune
- SAFE: Guided Meditation “Feeling Safe” with Wendy Irene | Positive …
- The Bad Lama's Guide to Meditation | Just Sit! – WordPress.com
- Apptitude: At first, despite her racing mind, she resisted meditation. Then … – Washington Post