The area you perform meditation should have a soothing atmosphere. It might be in your living room, or bedroom, or any place that you feel comfortable in. You might need a workout mat when you plan to take on the more challenging positions ( in case you feel more concentrated doing so, and if the contortionist in you is screaming for release). You might want the area ordered so that it’s soothing to your perceptions.
Picture taken at the Shaolin Luohan Institute in Oakland, CA Thumbs are tucked. Palms make a shallow well as if to offer feed to a nearby bird. The hand makes an obtuse angle, the fingers aim directly underneath the jaw, to strike and pull back again, like a snake’s head. It’s Daylight Savings Time. After class, I walk to my car with my ke…A Monk During Peacetime
As with any meditation session, you need to get into a relaxed and comfortable posture, eyes shut, then commence with heavy nasal respiration, focusing your thoughts on the respiration to calm yourself into a meditative state.
See the websites listed below for additional information on learn how to meditate
- A TOTAL DETOX – Healing, Yoga, Meditation and Massage retreat …
- Ricky Martin Shares His Tips on Being a Better Parent – Out Magazine
- How to meet your spirit guides through meditation. | Malavika Suresh
- Mindfulness Matters – newsinhealth.nih.gov
- Learn about meditation at free program Tuesday – Shelton Herald